Re: [squid-users] Problem with load balanced site

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:46:30 +0200

On Thursday 14 August 2003 00.15, Mick Reichelt wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am running squid 2.4STABLE1 and was wondering if anyone has
> experienced any problems with squid accessing load balanced sites.
> I am having this problem, where a particular site (national.com.au)
> which squid just doesn't want to have a bar of. I have tried the
> no_cache option and still no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe this site is using the same broken firewall as another user
reported problems with a while ago. Apparently this was a Cisco PIX
configured to do HTTP filtering.. see
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/#squid-2.5.STABLE3-hostheader
for a possible workaround.

The workaround does not address the problem to 100% as the problem is
the broken firewall, but will at least make proxied requests not work
much worse than non-proxied requests with these broken firewalls
which should make it more obvious who to blaim when there is
problems..