Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.4 Stable 3, Novell LDAP & SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:07:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Simon Magee wrote:

> I am wanting to use Squid 2.4 Stable 3 (which I already have in place
> and working) I now want to be able to enable LDAP authentication (I have
> done this in a test environment) to our Novell Netware network, using
> SSL.

Then you need newer LDAP helpers than those shipped with 2.4.STABLE3..
upgrading to 2.5.STABLE3 recommended.

> I have seen various docs on the subject using stunnel etc. but was
> wondering what the best action would be (something easy would be nice!)

Upgrading Squid to a more recent version would be the best action,
eleminating the need for stunnel as the current LDAP helpers do supportthe
older LDAPv2 over SSL (ldaps://, port 636) as well as the current LDAPv3
over TLS on the standard LDAP port.

How to turn these encryption features on is documented in the LDAP helper
documentation for each helper (squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group).

Note: I think Novell only supports LDAPv2 over SSL, not the current LDAPv3
TLS method.