Re: [squid-users] Auth in another GNU/Linux System

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:10:13 +0200

On Monday 18 August 2003 15.40, Lucas de C. Zechim wrote:
> I have a squid-2.5-STABLE3 proxy runing in GNU/Linux Slackware 9.0,
> kernel 2.4.21. Is possible auth the users of another GNU/Linux
> machine in this proxy? (NOTE: The other GNU/Linux machine is
> Slackware 9.0, kernel 2.4.21)

Yes. How to do this depends on what methods the other machine exports
the users via.

> I have to use a PAM module?

Depends. Probably not.

> What is the other possible solutions to auth the users in a Squid
> Proxy?

To many to list here. First you need to narrow down by which method
the other server is to publish the user database to the proxy

  LDAP
  NIS
  Indirectly via POP3/FTP/IMAP/HTTP whatever network service