RE: [squid-users] url_regexp

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:32:21 -0400

> Why url_regex check only host part when there https request?
> Is this bug or I must change url_regex to urlpath_regex?

HTTPS is HTTP wrapped in SSL. Squid only sees the SSL part
of the conversation - a request to given hostname on a
certain port, using the CONNECT method, and then the encrypted
traffic between the two.

Since Squid doesn't have the session key encrypting the traffic,
it can't see anything else. This is not a Squid bug - it is the
behavior intended by the design of SSL.

Adam