[squid-users] basic squid conf - squid on unix, win2000 client ?

From: Kevin Nolan <k77_99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:46:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I don't quite get what squid is about - yet -
but would be grateful for advice on most basic
conf required for allowing a PC to gain web access
through a Sun with an ISDN dial up connection with
squid installed:

- I have a Solaris machine with ISDN dial-up to
  Internet.(now too old to use to browse).
  I have squid installed on it.
  The ip address allocated to it is dynamic and
  different each time.

- I want my PC (Win 2000), which cannot currently
  access the net, to be able to access web through the
  sun box

Can squid help?

This is private - so no security between pc and
sun box needed.

Do I need httpd running on sun box?
(I have apache installed and running on it).

Could you provide a simple squid.conf just to get the
PC surfing - no frills - just basic web access for the

PC.

The squid docs seem daunting, so any help greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin Nolan.