Re: [squid-users] Re: Access Network problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:55:30 +0200

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 18.50, Sergio Alonso wrote:

> - My access.log doesn't log requests from other computers (only
> from localhost) , also i always restart my computer after making
> any changes to squid.conf. From red hat linux 9 installation i set
> up firewall configuration to maximum, is this the problem?

Well... if you set the firewall level to maximum then no connections
from other computers to your computer is allowed by the firewall, and
Squid will certainly not be accessible unless you reconfigure the
firewall indicatign it should be allowed.

If you use the RedHat firewall then you need to also use the
corresponding administrative tool for defining what the firewall
should allow, i.e. you need to allow local computers to connect to
the http_port of your Squid (usually port 3128).