RE: [squid-users] ACL Question

From: Joshua Brindle <JBrindle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:08:20 -0500

blocking on extensions is silly anyway, i've seen windows sites
that have something like http://site/cgi-bin/somescript.exe
that turns out to be html, you really need to block on mime
type. Also, the !POST thing doesn't make a lot of sense either
since most search engines (like google) uses GET vars, not POST
and additionally once they actually click on a site it won't be a
POST request so they'll get blocked anyway.. figure out how
to use rep_mime_type and you'll save yourself a lot of time..

Joshua Brindle

>>> "Adam Aube" <aaube@firstindependent.net> 08/20/03 07:28AM >>>
> I have a little bit question about ACL blocking the
> downloading.
> here's my squid.conf some line

> acl download url_regex "/path/to/denydownload.txt"
> acl POST method POST
> http_access deny download !POST

> here's my denydownload.txt

Try replacing with the following:

acl download url_regex -i "/path/to/denydownload.txt"

[denydownload.txt]
\.exe$
\.zip$

I think that will do what you want. You could have saved
yourself some time and frustration by checking the archive
for "block exe file", or on Google:

squid-users "block exe file".

Adam