Re: [squid-users] my next problem (FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:38:32 +0200

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 14.45, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> ok, so i'm trying to track how many open FDs squid is using, just
> to get an idea where things are with that. 20. uhm, what? oh
> look, it restarted recently. why did it do that? oh look, a core
> file in the log directory.

> #8 clientSendMoreData (data=0xd0eb50, buf=0x0, size=137) at
> client_side.c:2015
> #9 0x36774 in clientSmartfilterDelay (data=0xd1f9f0) at
> client_side.c:2000
> #10 0x420a8 in eventRun () at event.c:147
> #11 0x60b44 in main (argc=931840, argv=0xffbefb8c) at main.c:764

This problem (the crash) seems to be Smartfilter related.

I would suggest trying if you can repeat the same problem in a Squid
version without the Smartfiler third party patch, or reporting this
issue to your Smartfilter vendor support contact

On squid-users we can only support the official Squid versions or
developments done in cooperation with the Squid developers, not Squid
versions patched with independent patches outside our control and
knowledge.