Re: [squid-users] a site squid fails with: www.jameco.com

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:41:05 +0200

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 19.43, gnu not unix wrote:

> domain name to my browser's (mozilla) "no proxy" entry, allowed me
> immediate access to this site. It seems that going there via squid
> simply hangs. Here's what lynx reports their server
> (www.jameco.com) as:

Seems to work just fine here, but I am using the current Squid-2.5
sources (what will become 2.5.STABLE4).

I do not have a 2.5.STABLE3 Squid at hand to test with, but there has
been one important change after 2.5.STABLE3 to work around certain
broken firewalls who are trying to inspect HTTP at a packet level and
getting very confused by the fact that HTTP is not packet based but
runs ontop of TCP...

It can also be the ever present ECN issue if you run Squid on Linux.
See the Squid FAQ section on Linux for details (another case of
broken firewalls, not Linux fault, but Linux being almost the only OS
implementing ECN only Linux users notice these broken firewalls..).