Re: [squid-users] Squid3: ftp redirector in proxy-cache mode

From: Jim Flowers <jflowers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:46:09 -0500

So the answer appears to be that although squid has the mechanics of an http
to ftp gateway that can be made to work for anonymous ftp, there is no
provision in the standards or in squid for accomodating a user name from the
browser address window.

While I appreciate that there are probably many ways around this limitation,
probably the easiest for the short term that will not run amok will be to
rewrite http://www.ftpserver.com/realuser to
ftp://realuser@ftp.ftpserver.com. Looks good to http and gives ftp what it
needs.

Thanks for all the help.