Re: [squid-users] Urgently HelP requIred....!!!!!!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:41:53 +0200

On Saturday 23 August 2003 08.25, S } h d F z r q ` n wrote:
> Hello Members..
> I just want to know that how i make a Socks proxy server in
> linux.... kindly help me out...

The fastest method is to install one of the already written SOCKS
proxies for UNIX.

Dante is a good free SOCKS proxy, but there is several other to choose
from. Instructions how to install is included in each package once
you have selected which SOCKS proxy software to use.

Squid is a HTTP proxy, NOT a Socks proxy.