Re: [squid-users] logging options and performance effects

From: John Habermann <j_habermann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:55:16 +1000

Thanks for the link Henrik. I have downloaded the patch and applied it against the latest stable source squid-2.5.STABLE3. I had 2 hunks get refected against client_side.c. I have attached that file in case you want to look at it. There didn't seem to be any problems with the compilation. However it doesn't appear to be logging any different that it was before.
I added
        logformat combined %>a %ui %un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %Hs %<st "%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" %Ss:%Sh
        access_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log

to my squid.conf file but couldn't see any mention of useragents or referers in the access.log. I tried the emulate_httpd_log on option and but that didn't show them up either. I then recompiled with the --enable-useragent-log and --enable-referer-log but the logging was still exactly the same as before I applied the patch.

Not sure exactly where I have gone wrong.
I applied the patch in this manner
 cd src/
 patch -p1 < ../customlog-2.5.patch
and then just told patch the name of the files as it came across them.

Thanks for any help

John