Re: [squid-users] Real Audio Streaming

From: John Cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:26:23 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Norman Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done some googling on the list archive as well reading FAQ 7.4. The
> list archives seem to indicate streaming through Squid work, but FAQ 7.4
> says it's possible. So far I haven't been able to get streaming to work
> through Squid. Would someone kindly tell me if this is possible with
> Squid-2.5STABLE2? I'm using RealOne Player.

You need to tunnel RTSP through HTTP. The problem is, as a client, you are
relying on the server to support HTTP 'cloaking' (as Real terms it) by
streaming through a port that is allowed through by the proxy.

Then the secondary issue is how the proxy then maps through to the origin
server, assuming it supports stream tunneling through HTTP. Note that the
client will open two HTTP connections to the server, presumably one for
the control channel and the other for data.

J.

                     _______
| John V Cougar __ | Voice: +61 2 6208 1683 |
| Telstra Internet \/_/ \ Direct | E-Mail: cougar@telstra.net |