[squid-users] Squid authentication against eDirectory

From: <jeff.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:10:13 +1000

Hi

I need a solution which allows Squid to authenticate a user against Novell
eDirectory, without re-prompting for the user's login/password.

So the user fires up their PC, supplies their Novell client login/password
which get authenticated, giving them their LAN access. I would like them
then to be able to get through Squid by being authenticated from their
originally supplied login/password.

I've found a lot of stuff on this. It's pretty straightforward to just
configure Squid to act as an LDAP client of eDirectory. But this requires
the user to re-enter their login/password after that initial Novell client
login. I know this can then be cached but I need it to use the details
already entered. The key is that initial, single sign-on.

Jeff Richards
Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.