Re: [squid-users] getting a CA to take PEM format csrs

From: Jonathan Giles <jong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:13:09 -0400

Thanks. Got it.
So I would start by hand with -N,
put in my passphrase,
suspend it with a cntrl z,
then bg it?
  I just tried this and it works.

Thanks again for the help.

jg

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 12:58 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Jonathan Giles wrote:
>
>> Henrik:
>>
>> Again thanks for the help.
>>
>> I went through the apache mod_ssl directions to the letter, and still
>> having trouble.
>> here are the commands they refer to.
>>

>> openssl genrsa -des3 -out www.virtualhost.com.key 1024
>
> If you use encrypted RSA keys then you must start Squid with the -N
> option.
>
>> [root@owa openssl]# /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -D -d 1
>> Enter PEM pass phrase:
>> 2003/08/27 16:17:24| Failed to acquire SSL private key
>> '/etc/openssl/owa.clinedavis.com.key': error:0906406D:PEM
>> routines:DEF_CALLBACK:problems getting password
>
> Or else you get the above error...
>
> which causes this..
>
>> FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 64: https_port 443
>

> Regards
> Henrik

---=---=---
Jonathan Giles
Senior Unix Administrator
Cline Davis Mann

---
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case,
you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender
by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet e-mail of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of CDM shall
be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.