[squid-users] Re: Re: Real Audio Streaming

From: Norman Zhang <nzhang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:17:37 -0700

Hi,

>> The default configuration file included in the
>> distribution permits HTTP connections to any port
>> greater than 1024 (see acl Safe_ports).
>
> You are correct - my mistake.
>
> To Norman: Does the firewall allow Squid to connect to port 8080 on
> remote servers? If not, try allowing that connection.

I have done some further tracing and noticed that if I enable IE to surf the
web without proxy. The connection will negotiate to port 80 after it fails
to connect to 8080 or rtsp. However, through proxy, I'm prompted for
username and password. No matter what I entered, I won't get connected. I
read on the list before that NTLM authentication can't be cached via other
clients, correct? So I need another ACL to allow Real Audio?

Regards,
Norman