[squid-users] Swap usage is constantly increasing

From: Zand, Nooshin <nooshin.zand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:58:34 -0700

Hi,

I am testing Stable5.STABLE2 on Redhat 9.0 and notice
Swap usage is constantly increasing.
The system crashed and I am wonder if it was out of any system
resources.
Could not find any data on message, squid, kernel, or other log files.
Is it any specific file that I can check it out ?
Welcome to any help & idea.

Thanks,
Nooshin

Here is sample of free output command.

             total used free shared buffers
cached
Mem: 1030292 1021572 8720 0 133200
481676
-/+ buffers/cache: 406696 623596
Swap: 522216 252528 269688

Here is the result of ipcs command

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status

0x01036737 0 root 600 56344 6

0x000f5402 32769 squid 600 393216 2

------ Semaphore Arrays --------
key semid owner perms nsems
0x00000000 32768 apache 600 1
0x00000000 65537 apache 600 1

------ Message Queues --------
key msqid owner perms used-bytes messages
0x000f5400 0 squid 700 0 0
0x000f5401 32769 squid 700 0 0