Re: [squid-users] cisco wccp problem

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:28:36 +1200

I don't know what sort of Cisco router you have, but _don't_ assume that
12.3(1) does not have bugs especially given it is the first 12.3
release. WCCP won't work for me on my test 1720 with this version of IOS -
IMHO 12.3 is a bit too bleeding edge to be running on a production
network. The WCCP redirected packets on my network just seem to be
blackholed and I haven't had time to figure out why yet.

I suggest you try 12.2(15)T7 or 12.2(13)T5 as these have had a bit more
testing and are in my experience more likely to work.

If you aren't sure if you have it set up correctly on your squid server
then at least as an interim method, set up policy routing (see the FAQ) as
this is almost as good (but more of a killer on CPU usage).

Reuben