RE: [squid-users] Squid and Web Login Prompts

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:53:41 -0400

> SuSE-rpm squid-2.5.STABLE1-0.
> If someone goes to the site metalink.oracle.com,
> clicking on link "Login to MetaLink!"
> which has a pop up login window, this pop up never comes up and the
> page says access denied from the server.

We're using Squid 2.5STABLE3 from source, and I can get to
metalink.oracle.com and get the login prompt.

- Maybe it was a temporary problem with Oracle - are you still having
this problem?
- What browser are you using?
- The only major difference between your squid.conf and mine is the
forwarded_for line; if you set that to on, does the problem go away?

Adam