RE: [squid-users] Speed of Squid

From: Alvaro Gordon-Escobar <alvaroge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:27:45 -0400

Squid was installed to support 70 users
We used to be 100, but then the Ugly "L" word dropped our numbers to 70.

Any WHO!!

I'm running SUSE Linux

SUSE Linux 8.1 Pro
In a Compaq DL320 with RAID 0, two 72GB drives 15K SCSI
I made a directory /squidcache, but I been unable to point squid to it.
I will be installing a 1Gbit NIC into it too.
This server is behind a firewall, so authentication is not even used (I
figured it would slow things down even more)besides couldn't get it to
work

Disk Partitions
Location Compaq RAID 0 drive 0
Cylinders 4357
Model Compaq Integrated Array Controller
 No. Type Extent Start End Use Free
1 Linux swap 1 258 swap
2 Linux 259 3001 / 87 %
3 Linux swap 3002 3401 swap