[squid-users] Multiple servers running squid

From: <macaco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:17:36 -0300 (BRT)

Hello friends,

Is it a good idea to run multiple servers with squid in a network with
high traffic to spread the cpu consumption?
My idea is to run 4 servers with their own cache disks and Linux O.S.
My doubts are:

- Is it better to use 3 servers directly connected to one master squid
server, so their cache disks are used simultaneously or each server
independent and just spread the traffic between 'em?

- Is it better to have each server running its own DNS server localy?

- Are there any downsides of using several servers instead of a much
powerfull single one?

Please friends, fell free to just point me documentation where I can
research more about it or just comment what were your impressions if you
did implemented something like it.

Sorry for my poor English and thank you in advance.