Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:17:30 +0200

On Monday 01 September 2003 22.10, Beth Lancaster wrote:
> I am trying to get squid_ldap_auth to work from the command line
> but am having no success.
>
> This works:
> ldapsearch -H ldap://directory.somewhere.edu -x -b
> ou=accounts,dc=vt,dc=edu -Z '(uupid=jdoe)'

As you are not using ldaps:// try speficying the directory host name
using the normal host option rather than as a URL (-h, or last on the
command line). ldap:// URI in combination with STARTTLS (-Z option)
has not been tested.

> When I do the ldapsearch I see traffic via tcpdump, but I do not
> see traffic with squid_ldap_auth. Does squid_ldap_auth log errors
> or have a debug mode?

It logs many unexpected errors on stdout such as when LDAP servers can
not be reached etc but it could log more, especially relating to
filter processing...