Re: [squid-users] What is this error for?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:20:18 +0200

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 16.29, Richard Lyons wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Liquid Crystal wrote:
> > Zero Sized Reply
> > Squid did not receive any data for this request.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.51
>
> A patch was added to 2.5-STABLE3 around 11th July that
> fixed some instances of this error, if you have an older
> version try upgrading.

To be precise: That works around certain fundamentally broken
filtering firewalls from a very large firewall vendor which for some
unknown reason thinks HTTP is a packet based protocol and can be
filtered at a packet level without TCP knowledge. Not a Squid bug,
not a web server bug, not a browser bug, but a network infrastructure
bug usually at the requested web site.