Re: [squid-users] iNotes and Reverse Proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:47:45 +0200

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 22.12, Andrew McKinney wrote:

> Anyone out there using squid as an alternative to Edgeserver,
> SunOne etc?

We build the eMARA reverse proxy server around Squid and some extras.

> I've configured squid to ntlm auth. It works great when
> proxing the intranet, switch httpds etc. But whenever I point it at
> the inotes box, the splash downloads, but I am prompted over and
> over for authentication.

Most likely based on your description the inotes box also requests
authentication.

> 1062529964.254 15 81.106.224.239 TCP_MISS/401 504 GET
> http://192.168.1.3/homepage.nsf/homePage.gif? mckinneya

Yep.. this is a proxied request where the contacted server requested
authentication.

> Any ideas?

Figure out how you want to handle authentication to the inotes server.
If you do not want authentication at the inotes server then disable
authentication in inotes, or use the login= cache_peer option (may
require squid-3).