Re: [squid-users] Is WCCPv2 on RH capable of multiple routers? Is multicast supported?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:38:46 -0500

Squid does not support any WCCP v2 features, including multiple routers.
  There is a mostly unsupported patch that works as a compatibility
layer between the v1 support in Squid and the slightly different
interface to v2. No one has wanted v2 support badly enough to sponsor
it or write it, so it hasn't happened yet.

Multicast isn't an option with WCCP as far as I know...the router and
the cache will exchange tokens to identify themselves. Multicast breaks
that exchange.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.