[squid-users] Squid with Netrust Proxy

From: <hong_kuan_toh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:05:59 +0800

Hi,

I've deployed Squid proxy for our company LAN for over a year now without
problem. But recently one of our users need to access to a secure site
using a Security Proxy from Netrust (http://www.netrust.net).

A Proxy software (Netrust Security Proxy) is installed on the client, and
web access is setup as follows:

Client > Netrust Proxy > Squid Proxy > Internet

Web access will be extremely slow with this setup. I've contacted Netrust
about this issue but they said they have not encountered this issue
before?

Bypassing Squid proxy will solve the problem, but this is not acceptable
as our Company policy requires everyone to go thru the Squid proxy. Anyone
knows what could be the problem, or how I should go about trouble-shooting
it?

Thanks!
Toh Hong Kuan
Network Engineer