Re: [squid-users] defaullt httpd_accel url

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:53:22 +0200

On Friday 05 September 2003 16.22, Devon Harding - GTHLA wrote:
> Is there a way to have squid point to a local url, if the
> httpd_accel server is unavailable or down? I want to have a
> 'Temporarily down page' instead of IE 'This page cannot be
> displayed'

You can make Squid return any error message you want. If you make the
error message sufficiently large then IE will even display it instead
of ths silly builtin error substitutions it normally shows to protect
the end-user from the "ugly and unimportant" error messages given by
"evil internet servers not having the users best in interest".

See the Squid FAQ on how to write your own error messages.