Re: [squid-users] Squid authentication from ADS to linux proxy server(squid)

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:04:14 -0400

At Sunday, 07 September 2003, Peter Lustig <peter_lustig@gmx.de> wrote:

>We have a domain in NT4 compatibility mode. Is it possible to use
>ntlm_auth (on a Linux box) to authenticate against a W2K domain
>controller ?

Yes, NTLM auth works for Squid running on Linux. See the Squid FAQ
for details.

>And if so, what if we switch to W2K only mode ?

You'll probably need to switch to Samba 3. Samba 3 is currently in
beta, but may be ready by the time you switch to Native Mode.

That said, all the info I've seen has shown that the beta Samba 3
works quite well - certainly well enough to test with. Remember that
with Samba 3 you use the Samba Winbind helpers, not the Squid Winbind
helpers.

Adam