Re: [squid-users] NTLM broken when using a parent proxy...

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:38:37 +0200

Hi Daniel,

At 16.11 09/09/2003, Daniel Meyer wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>i have SquidNT running with NTLM authentication. Everything is running
>fine after the tips from Guido (thanks again).
>
>Now i configured the proxy to use a parent proxy, and prefere that parent
>over direct connections.
>After i did that NTLM broke.
>
>If the parent proxy is dead, then everything works fine. The users are
>authenticated by their InternetExplorer, no questions, usernames or
>passwords asked.
>
>If the parent proxy is alive, then NTLM breaks. Squid asks for a username
>and password, and even if you enter a valid combination the request is
>denied.
>
>Thats quite bad because we want to take advantage of NTLM (not bugging the
>users with entering username and password everytime they start a new
>browser and still have authentication) and of the Viruswall (the parent
>proxy).
>
>Any hints?

Please, do You can post your squid configuration ?

I like to try it on a not Windows machine to see what happens and after
compare with a Windows environment.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/