[squid-users] Optimum Number of Redirectors

From: Kent, Mr. John <kent.saic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:42:40 -0700

Greetings,

How do I determine the optimum number of redirector processes to use?
The FAQ says:

Caution
If you start too few Squid will have to wait for them to process a back log of URLs, slowing it down. If you start too many they will use RAM and other system resources.

So what is too few or too many? Is it just trial and error?

I'm running Squid2.5 Stable3 on Linux/Dell 350 with 1GB or Ram
Using Perl redirectors.

Is there some ballpark figure i.e. between 10 - 32 , etc.

Thank you,
John Kent