Re: [squid-users] Slow proxy server

From: Frédéric Pomies <fredpomies@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:35:17 -0300

royotto@c2i.net a écrit :

>Hi there
>
>I've got the latest stable version of Squid running on a RH9.0 machine and I've run into a little problem. From time to time the proxy server doesn't work the way it should, sometimes it totally stops working at all so I have to use another proxy server. Other times it's just plain slow. Is there something I can do to fix this, a common issue maybe?
>
>Regards
>Roy

>WebMail fra Tele2 http://www.tele2.no

Hi,
You may check file system vs /var/log/squid/*.log size. If your logs are
using about 90% of file system squid may slow down and even crash.

If it's not sufficient you may find on oreilly.com articles some details
describing which ram size needed by which cache size and objects size.
Check for Jennifer Vesperman's articles.

Fred.