Re: [squid-users] Authentification question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:53:16 +0200

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 23.41, LINDER Thierry wrote:

> I would like to implement on it authentification for users. The
> authentification must be done on a PDC Windows domain controller. I
> saw that is possible in the new release (2.5) :-(

It is also possible with Squid-2.4 assuming you have the needed
helpers installed.

> Is my interpretation of all correct ?
> What is the right configuration ACL in my squid.conf to said him he
> has to contact my PDC for authebtification ?

The big part is getting the correct helper allowing Squid to connect
to the domain. Each helper includes documentation on how to use the
helper.

The needed helpers are all shipped in the Squid source distribution.

Please note that Squid-2.4 is very old and no longer maintained or
supported by the Squid developers except for customers with a support
contract. I highly recommend you to update to the latest
Squid-2.5.STABLE release.