Re: [squid-users] my ACL's They Don't Work!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Sep 2003 15:01:13 +0200

tor 2003-09-11 klockan 09.59 skrev Antony Stone:

> What you are trying to do simply exceeds the capabilities of simple regex's.

Not really, you just need to make use of regex and not assume the regex
based acls is a word match (it is not).

"sex" while a syntactically valid regex it is not a regex for matching
the word sex. If you want to match words then tell so to regex and it
will do it.

When using GNU regex or compatible regex libraries (default on Linux,
also shipped with Squid) then \b or [:<:] [:>:] matches word boundary
and \bsex\b matches the word sex. If using other regex packages then the
concept of "word boundary" man need to be defined differently.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before