re: [squid-users] Enabling LFUDA removal policy

From: Matthew Richards <Matthew.Richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:05:37 +1000

> Your squid.conf looks ok. Could you also post the output of squid -v?

Here it is (Sorry, I wasn't paying attention or I would have sent it last post):

[root@squid squid]# sbin/squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE3
configure options: --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-removal-policy=heap
[root@squid squid]#

Please note that the compile options were the same as attempt 2 in my original post
(i.e. with the quote marks):

../configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-removal-policy="heap"

BTW I have since rebuilt the server with a full Red Hat 7.3 install just in case :-). One other thing I
forgot to mention was the compilation of the NCSA basic helper. It went as you would expect:

#cd /usr/local/squid/src/squid-2.5.STABLE3/helpers/basic_auth/NCSA
#make
#make install

Well this has got me really stumped. I think I might start trying some earlier versions and different compilation options or something.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards,
Matt.