Re: [squid-users] Plz help - Redirection not happening

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:29:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   Thanks for the info Henrik.As per the logs the
reason why the redirection is failing is as follows :-
   In the redirection program , the code is
interacting with another server(using its SDK).During
this process , one SDK function is writing some
comments to the stdout(We can't alter that function
though).These are being read by the squid proxy and
the redirection is not happening as desired.
    As this interaction happens only in the beginning
, I want to take care of this by making the squid to
send some dummy url to the redirect program only once
when it starts up and as expected it will fail.We have
tried trapping stdout(and stderr) during that process
but it doesn't help.
    Kindly tell me how to go about doing this or plz
suggest an alternative solution that will stop the
proxy from reading the function's comments but must
read only the url written.
   Regards and TIA,
       Deepa

--- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote: > On