Re: [squid-users] Squid seem to be slower than our Novell BorderManger

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Sep 2003 09:23:33 +0200

fre 2003-09-12 klockan 06.14 skrev Mathew Thomas:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I am not raiding the cache disk - mounting as six cache disk. I can't see any bottleneck

Neither can I and assuming all hardware and networking works as expected
you should not notice Squid in the request path with this low load..

When load starts to increase you may run into bottlenecks, but not when
testing with only a few clients.

I would start by verifying that the networking is correct

  * Cabling
  * Half/full duplex selection
  * Routing
  * DNS configuration

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before