Re: [squid-users] FTP over squid

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:34:54 +0100

On Friday 12 September 2003 10:25 am, Abdul Khader wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbi to squid. I would like to know if I can
> do ftp over squid. By default it does not do ftp. I
> would be obliged of any early help.

First item in the FAQ at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ says:

1.1 What is Squid?

Squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients, supporting
FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects.

The important bit to read from this is "web clients".

Regards,

Antony.

--
The first ninety percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent
of the time, and the last ten percent takes the remaining ninety percent.