Re: [squid-users] Trouble getting to www.priceline.com

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:07:55 +0200

On Friday 12 September 2003 21.10, Bert Beaudin wrote:
> Hello all
> I'm running squid-2.5.STABLE2 with transparent proxy running
> and all is good. The one problem is my clients are having trouble
> getting to: www.priceline.com=20 =20 I get this in my logs:=20 =20
> TCP_MISS/503 1380 GET http://www.priceline.com/ - NONE/- text/html
> =20 When I bypass the squid box I can get to it.

Anything in cache.log?

What error is given to the user? and no, by error I do not mean the
generic say-nothing-but-bullshit Internet Explorer error message, I
mean the real error message which says Squid at the bottom. If you
get the IE error message reconfigure your brovser to show the real
error messages before you attempt to ever use that browser again or
you risk getting totally brainwashed and dumbfounded from your
application/os provider threating you as a child who might be scared
by the real facts on what it going on.

Have you read the Squid FAQ, especially the section relating to the OS
you are using? If your proxy is running on Linux-2.4 then it is very
likely the answer is found there.