Re: [squid-users] hotmail login problem

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:55:10 -0400

> i m running squid as transprant proxy on solaris with ipf, every thing
> is working fine expect one thing when go www.hotmail.com and type
> username and password and tries to login it didnt let me login and
> stucks for long time and then after that i gives me page cannot be
> displayed and in log its show following

Since you are running a transparent proxy, this log entry:

> 1063396665.869 98989 202.63.216.14 TCP_MISS/000 0 CONNECT
> loginnet.passport.com:443 - NONE/- -

makes me wonder if something is misconfigured in ipf, because I think with
transparent proxying you are only supposed to redirect HTTP traffic (port
80), not HTTPS traffic (port 443).

Try the following:

1) Go to another secure site. Can you get in?

2) Check to see if you are redirecting port 443 with ipf; if so, stop
redirecting it and simply forward it through.

3) Configure the browser to explicitly use a proxy.

Adam