Re: [squid-users] TCP_Denied

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:09:42 -0400

> This is in an IPCop box. Very simple config. Here is the whole thing.

Okay - let's fix some issues. May/may not fix your current problem, but it
will make the config file more sane and possibly head off problems down the
road.

> http_access allow !Safe_ports
> # http_access allow CONNECT !SSL_ports

Make these two lines:

http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

This will keep your Squid box from being exploited to do all sorts of nasty
things (including spamming).

> acl Safe_ports port 800 # Squids port (for icons)

You don't need this line - Squid won't make an HTTP request to the port it is
listening on.

Beyond that, I don't see anything wrong with your config. Is Squid prompting
for a username and password as it should? Are you trying to run a transparent
proxy (the browser doesn't know the Squid box is there)? Can Squid connect to
port 443 on remote servers?

Adam