Re: [squid-users] Squid cache full --Cant surf

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:23:11 +0200 (CEST)

On 13 Sep 2003, Joel wrote:

> My server cache drive gets full in 1 and half month but when it gets
> full. My lan users cant surf the internet.

Then there is three posibilities

a) You have configured a too large cache_dir setting for Squid.

b) You are not rotating the log files. You need to call "squid -k rotate"
periodically from cron.

c) You are using an ancient buggy version of Squid where the cache
maintenance does not work properly.

> What should i do so that i dont have to rebuilt the cache.

Make sure your cache_dir setting is correct and that the log files are
periodically rotated by "squid -k rotate".