Re: [squid-users] dns and adding www to beginning

From: John Drouhard <jdrouhard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:30:58 -0500

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:03:38 -0400
Adam Aube <aaube@firstindependent.net> wrote:

> > Is there a way I can make squid try the address i typed in with a
> > www at the beginning if it doesn't work otherwise? Any site that
> > doesn't have a redirector, I have to manually type in www.
>
> Many browsers will do this - check your browser documentation. That
> might be a better way than trying to get Squid to do it.
>
> Adam

Well, if I turn Squid off, then Mozilla Firebird (my browser) will do
this. It is only when I do have squid that it doesn't try. What I want
it to do is to TRY the www AFTER it tries what I actually type and that
doesn't work.

John Drouhard

--
Sat Sep 13 15:29:58 CDT 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.