[squid-users] Authentication problem

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:30:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   The scenario that I am working with is as follows
:-
   The browsers are not configured to use the proxy -
hence the pam_auth of the squid proxy cannot be used
for authentication.We are getting the username and
password externally but how do I pass it to Squid
alongwith the url request and force it to authenticate
it with its userbase(that is a linux userbase) or do a
pam authentication.Also,how do I make squid pass the
authenticated identity to the redirect program as
well.
    Kindly mail me some solutions that can be used to
make the above happen.
   Regards and TIA,
     Deepa

Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com