[squid-users] Robert Collins

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:10:38 -0400

Has this issue been resolved? I read a lot of the threads that were
talking about it and thought it was fixed, but I'm still getting plenty of
email from him.

Tim Rainier
UNIX Systems Administrator, Kalsec INC.

Robert Collins <robertc@squid-cache.org>
09/15/2003 09:13 AM

        To: Deepa D <deepndharma@yahoo.co.in>
        cc: Squid Users <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
        Subject: Re: [squid-users] Authentication problem

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 22:30, Deepa D wrote:
> Hi,
> The scenario that I am working with is as follows
> :-
> The browsers are not configured to use the proxy -
> hence the pam_auth of the squid proxy cannot be used
> for authentication.We are getting the username and
> password externally but how do I pass it to Squid
> alongwith the url request and force it to authenticate
> it with its userbase(that is a linux userbase) or do a
> pam authentication.Also,how do I make squid pass the
> authenticated identity to the redirect program as
> well.

Hmm, I'd say - hack the browser's source.

Beware though: you will expose the users details to the entire web if
you make a mistake.

Cheers,
Rob

<< Attachment Removed : signature.asc >>