Re: [squid-users] FQDN requests only

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:04:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Masood Ahmad Shah wrote:

> hmm really very strange ........... if you are blocking IPs via regex
> .................then always keep in mind
> squid internal dns will resolve FQDN to IP it will match again this IP with
> regex becoz now you are going to access internet . so I'm sure it will not
> work.

This is only relevant if you are using the dst acl type, and not of these
reasons.

   dst matches the IP address of the requested URL. If the request uses a
hostname Squid will look up the IP address from the domain name.

   dstdomain matches the domain name of the requested URL. If the
requests uses a IP address Squid will look up the domain name from the IP
address.

To match requests based on IP addresses you can use url_regex. url_regex
is neutral and always matches agains the whole URL exactly as received by
Squid.