RE: [squid-users] Squid Error

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:40:23 -0400

> I want to use user authentication. Also do not want to
> go to each LAN user and change their browser settings.

> Is ther any way out?

Proxy autoconfiguration scripts are a good compromise. You do have to
setup the browsers once, but after that all you have to change is the
script.

If your users can change their proxy settings, then you can even have
your users help you - instead of redirecting port 80 to Squid,
redirect it to a web server with a page telling them how to change
their proxy settings. (I didn't come up with this - I saw it on the
list recently)

See the Squid FAQ and the list archives for more info.

Adam