Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS/000

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:29:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Andrew Boening wrote:

> Seem to be getting around 10 websites that give this error in the log
>
> TCP_MISS/000 0 GET http://www.neowin.net/ - NONE/- -

This is seen if the client aborts before Squid sees the reply from the web
server and you have half_closed_clients off allowing Squid to detect the
client abort.

Can you reach the web site via the proxy?

> We are running Squid v2.4STABLE1 as a transparent proxy

Ancient and no longer supported.

> Wondering if there is a resolve for this issue, or whether we should update
> to v2.5STABLE3

I would recommend upgrading. Also make sure to read the Squid FAQ if you
have not already as there may be other non-Squid reasons as to why you are
getting these errors (if there is an error).

Even if it does not correct the above isse (which it may correct, but I
cannot guarantee) upgrading will resolve a large number of other issues.
See http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/ and
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.4/bugs/ for the list of known
issues in the version you are using. (you have to sum the
lists as most 2.5 bugs applies to 2.4 as well. Squid-2.4 has not been
maintained for more than a year now)