Re: [squid-users] no cache on website

From: Mark Cooke <mpc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 09:14:49 +0100

a. Tell your web server to put a no cache header on the web page as it
is generated.

See:

http://www.mit.edu/~yandros/doc/cache_doc.html

which was the 5th hit on google's search for
'making web pages uncachable'

b. The squid faq also says:
   (3rd google hit 'for making sites uncachable in squid')

acl all src 0/0
no_cache deny all

which is a totally generic proxy rather than a cache. You want
something like:

acl my_uncachable_site 1.2.3.4/32
no_cache deny my_uncachable_site

However, you're best fixing the web page to have proper cache control
settings so it works nicely for clients that don't use your proxy.

Best regards,

Mark

--
Mark Cooke <mpc@star.sr.bham.ac.uk>