Re: [squid-users] Default-values in squid.conf of v2.3 stable 4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:37:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Christian wrote:

> MY QUESTION: Are these comment lines in v2.3 also the default values like in
> v2.4 or not ?

Most are the same, but sometimes the defaults change either to a more
reasonable default, or when new directives are added (or old deleted).

> Can you tell me if the default values of v2.4 are still the same as in v2.3?

Can't remember the details of either version. The change from Squid-2.3 to
Squid-2.4 was several years ago, and the last change in Squid-2.4 was over
a year ago (when Squid-2.5 was released)

The current Squid version is Squid-2.5.STABLE4, with Squid-3.0 in active
development and testing.

> Where can I get information about what are the default values in v2.3 ?

The source is a good place to look. See cf.data.pre (or was it cf.data in
2.3, I don't remember).