Re: [squid-users] Why is Squid restarting?

From: Joao Coutinho <jocoutinho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:01:10 +0000

> > client_http.requests = 11.674884/sec client_http.hits = 6.273668/sec
>
>Ok. Not much for 200 users, but it is better to read the 5 min average
>counter (I assume the above is from the general runtime information.. this
>page shows average since start and if your Squid has been running for long
>the figures are often far from the current value)

It is from the 5min average counter.

> > I don't know exactly, but my users use Internet a lot. Do you know a way
> > find out?
>
>Statistics based on 10 minutes of access.log during peak usage gives a
>quite good figure.
How to get those statistics?

> > What's the maximum number of children process I can put on Squid.conf?
>
>Depends on which kind of children you are talking about, but I assume we
>are still talking about the ntlm helper children. This is mainly limited
>by the amount of memory you have and other OS limitations. Or practically
>no limit.
Yes, it is the ntlm helper children. With 1 gb of RAM I think I can increase
this number if needed.

> > My Server is a HP Proliant DL380 1gb RAM, 2disks scsi 36GB (Raid1, is it
> > OK?), 2 Intel Xeon CPU 2.40GHz processors. RedHat 8.0.
>
>A nice server, but total overkill for the job.
Do you think I could work with only one processor?

regards, Joao

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br